Yay Bikes! creates opportunities for personal and community transformation through innovative campaigns and unconventional partnerships that promote bicycling as an alternative to driving.
Yay Bikes! envisions a Central Ohio in which people ride their bicycles for as many trips as possible.
Yay Bikes! can be counted on to uphold the following values:
- Integrity, Kindness and Authentic Communication in our personal interactions
- Innovation, Partnership and Excellence in our work
- Peace, Prosperity, Health and Happiness in our communities
Goals & Objectives
Yay Bikes! has declared the following 3-year goals and objectives (2012–2014):
- Goal #1: Increase the number of trips in Central Ohio that are made by bicycle
- Goal #2: Decrease the incidence of bike/car crashes in Central Ohio
Theory of Change
Yay Bikes! knows that many factors determine how we choose to get from Point A to Point B. We tend to focus on the human factors that influence our travel behavior — things like our unexamined habits, our fears, whether or not we have children, the way we are expected to look at work, our sense of personal identity, how educated we are about various modes, etc. While we do have something to say about our built environment, the bulk of our work is in the following areas: